Sunday, February 21, 2010

Highlighting hair blond with box kit?

I want to add some highlights to my hair. I have dishwater blond hair at shoulder length. I don't want crazy big chucks of blond, just a lot of small pieces. And I want to use a box kit, but there are so many different kinds of applicators that I don't know which to choose. I've seen the caps you were and pull strands through, mini brushes, little flat iron looking applicators... Anyone know a brand or kind of kit that would work best? And please don't respond with ';go to a salon'; - I am aware of that option and choose not to.Highlighting hair blond with box kit?
the best one I have had experience with is the comb on highlights. they went right to my root and looked great when i was finished!


the worst one i have had experience with is the caps. if you're not careful you can tear out the inner lining of the cap and it can cause it to smear around your roots, looking horrible. (yes, it happened to me)


the best thing about highlights is if they don't work, you can easily cover them up with all over hair dye!


obviously, your best end result is a salon, but I'm like you and never wanted to pay for it...so just be smart, follow the directions, and make sure you leave the bleach on long enough to turn it blonde, but not too long to damage your hair


Good Luck!Highlighting hair blond with box kit?
I went to school for cosmetology and have my license. I want to first say that box color really isnt that great for your hair. It would be much better for you to go to a salon to have it done. Plus, with the box highlighting kit, theres a higher chance of messing it up when you do it yourself. I have not used these highlighting kits myself, have used them on a friend though, and it really didnt turn out well. Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment