Monday, February 22, 2010

Highlighting hair in early pregnancy?

I remember when I was pregnant with my daughter, that I highlighted my hair, I just don't remember if I did it in my first trimester or not.





Did any of you highlight your hair? When did you do it?





My doctor said it is fine, because the dye doesn't sit on your scalp, so it really doesn't get absorbed into the body.Highlighting hair in early pregnancy?
I am a hairdresser and pregnant with my first. I highlighted my hair during my first trimester. Also in my second. I do all my clients while they are pregnant unless they decide otherwise. My doctor told me it's safe to do color, but always use gloves. Occasionally it gets on my arms or hands, so I try to wash it off as soon as I see it. If it is so bad for pregnant women to get colored then why are we not banned from working while pregnant? You are fine.. Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy.Highlighting hair in early pregnancy?
You can do it. All the dyes are safe now. A few years ago they were using different stuff. All I can say is watch out because all those hormones can make the dye do funny thing to your hair every now and then. Mine came out all splotchy and weird with my first.
You can highlight your hair. It's an old myth that you aren't supposed to dye your hair. You shouldn't have a problem with it.
Coloring your hair is fine as long as you have good ventilation. Open a window and have a fan blowing if you are worried.
i waited till i was out of my 1st trimester!!! if i were you, i would!!! good luck.
if you are unsure just wait. its better to be safe then sorry :]

No comments:

Post a Comment