Sunday, February 21, 2010

What is the best method to highlighting hair at home?

I want to streak/highlight my hair for the new school year. I do not want to go to a salon, however I want the best results I can possibly get. My hair is dark black. I want to get like dark brown/caramel strips of highlights.





1. What is the best product to use?


2. What tools and methods do I need to do to get the results that i need (especially since I'm highlighting it at home)?


3. How do I maintain it?What is the best method to highlighting hair at home?
I wouldn't recommend using an at home kit that you would buy at the store. I got one over the weekend and thought it would be easy. Wrong! It turned out really bad. I have dark brown hair and it came out reddish orange. Now I'm trying to figure out how to fix it. I do know the cap has worked best for me from the salon.What is the best method to highlighting hair at home?
you need a professional for good results at home its a disaster
Have a friend help you and to get dimension and even natural hi lites the best idea is the old cap - and pull it through otherwise save up for hi/low lites at the salon!!





There are many products to choose from go with reading the back of the box. Read directions to obtain the look you desire.


Most hi lites last about 12 weeks and a touch up is required.
I used Feria Hightlighting Kit. It has all the tools you need in the box and I got great results. To maintain it, get some shampoo for highlighted hair like John Frieda or Pantene. I use the Frieda Sheer Blonde line and it really keeps my hair in healthy shape and brings out the highlights every time. I know he makes a formula for dark hair too. So does Pantene.


Hope this helps!
I don't recommend black hair to get highlights





your hair will turn brassy and red

No comments:

Post a Comment