Sunday, February 21, 2010

How long should you wait before re-highlighting hair?

I had my hair highlighted about 3 weeks ago but I want to go lighter. How long should I wait and what can I do to minimize damage? Once I get it lighter I will just retouch the roots but I just need some advice what to do now.How long should you wait before re-highlighting hair?
just wait a couple more weeks and go lighter, after that only touch up the roots. On damaging i can only advice a good shampoo %26amp; conditioner for damaged hair...How long should you wait before re-highlighting hair?
A week at least, just until the dye has settled.
you need to wait a good month still. your hair is going to be like hay if you do it to soon
yeah, about 3 weeks-1month.
hairdresser say you should wait 6 weeks before re-colouring or re-highlighting your hair but I think that if its been 3 weeks your fine, I dyed my hair 3 times in one day to get it looking how I wanted it once and it didn't do any damage to it. Highlights aren't as bad as whole head colouring either so you'll be fine %26amp; it'll look great! good luck (:
wait untill your roots start showing
Until your roots grow so much that the highlights look weird.





I usually just do it when my highlights turn gold (I get red/ copper highlights) because I think all highlights turn gold after awhile. So if you didn't get gold highlights that's one way to tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment