Sunday, February 21, 2010

Is highlighting hair a bad idea and what are the side effects?

Well, I want to highlight my hair but my mom wont let me. She says that it will damage my hair. she said that it would dry it out and ruin it. I have ';black'; hair and it has natural highlights so its like a dark brownish/reddinsh color. I want to get like bronze colored higlights. Will it damage my hair and make it dry? Oh, and will it look bad after a couple months because the roots show or will they just fade a little after that? Oh and can they do semi-color highlights?Is highlighting hair a bad idea and what are the side effects?
Yes, getting highlights does dry out your hair. If you enjoy going swimming, the highlights will get damaged, as well as the hair that grows out of it. I know because my friend had beautiful, long, shiny hair. She went to get highlights, and after a few months, her hair looked like a bird's nest. The highlights damaged her hair, and faded it out. To restore the hair she had before, she had to shave 25 inches of hair (all of it). She shaved her hair because it stopped growing, and now, it only grows a little bit every month. It has been a year, and her hair only grew 3 inches. (An average human's hair grows 6-9 inches every year.) Now, her hair was very sensitive, and it was not used to so much change, so that is probably why it got ruined.) Many people have hair like that. If you get highlights, don't go so dramatically.Is highlighting hair a bad idea and what are the side effects?
yeah, it will look great but it will screw up your hair big time i say no your hairs fine!
yes it is a bad thing to do cuz your hair is prob so nice and your mom dose not want you to ruin it . i want ot highlight my hair to but my mother will not let me yeat i have ot be 17 before i can highlight my hair it will dry out your hair and i think it would look bad because of the roots
I have highlights and use BLEACH RUINS YOUR HAIR.... however there is a solution.... instead of putting ALL over highlight present to your mom ';face framing'; highlights which is just a few highlights here and there. It looks very nice. Also special salon hair shampoo/conditioner will get your hair back to be very soft and pretty even with the bleach damage. I use Bed Head or Paul Mitchell and a finishing spray which makes my hair very healthy. You usually wait about 2 months to put more bleach in. it doesn't look that bad unless you wait a LONG time in between bleaching.
my daughter has aurburn/brown hair and she did a carmel and it looks beautiful i have had mine highlited and it was fine. they can do what ever you would like and ask them what they think
it might it all depends on your type of hair. if its silky it probaly wont give a noticable effect. but if u already have damamaged hair like its frizzy i woodnt just to be on the safe side. it might cause your hair to be like a frizz ball!
i was worried about my hair getting damaged and dry but no my hair is extremely soft and shiny but u should know once u start highlighting ur hair u have 2 keep doing it because ur hair will grow and ur roots will start 2 show depending on how fast ur hair grows is how long it will be b4 ur roots show 4 me my hair grows real fast so after a month i had 2 highlight it again by the way dont go out to get it done just go and get a box and have ur mom do it 4 u my big sis and my mom did mine 4 me
highlights wont dry out all of your hair but it could dry out the spots that you have highlighted, to avoid this make sure you buy a shampoo and condition specially for color treated hair with extra moisture. highlights do grow out and then you either have to go get them redone or do an all over color to cover them up. I'm not sure what you mean by semi-color but if you mean multiple colors yes, if you mean semi permanent color yes also but only darker than your natural color
To highlight they have to use bleach, which is not healthy for the hair. I've dyed and bleached my hair like ten times a year for the last eight years, and my hair is not ruined. You can use products to reduce the damage. Invest in a good shampoo, conditioner and a protein mask. Also try not to use blowdryers and curling- and straighting-irons too much(That goes for anyone).





Bronze highlights will look great, they will not fade. But if you just get a few and not overall, you can go to the hairdresser and fill in the roots once a month. And anyway, the hair will eventually grow out, so go ahead, have fun :) Just remember to take care of it and see a colourist for a proffesional and safe result.
The peroxide they use to lighten hair dries your hair and makes it brittle. AND, if you have super thick hair, that will make it thicker and poofy.
yeah, it does cause dryness %26amp; damage. The only reason I do it is because I want to camouflage the gray. I wouldn't do it if my hair was like yours.
your mom is right it will make your hair alittle dry and it could possibly break off. the best thing to do is to leave it natural.

No comments:

Post a Comment